Do you think long tones are boring ? Improve your saxophone tone with a fun app!
Sax-O-Meter helps you stay motivated in the shed:
- Visualize your sound in real-time. Is your sound bright ? Is your timbre close to that of John Coltrane ? (oh lucky you)
- Rate your sound with numerous characteristics. This way you can also compare mouthpieces.
- Work on your embouchure and see how it changes your sound. See how a very subtle change in your jaw placement changes your tone qualities.
- Play a game ! Try to emulate the sound of the best players in history. Select your hero, blow the requested note and try to get the best score.
- Is there a tuner ? Of course there is one ! You can even visualize your tuning stability from the beginning to the end of a long tone.
Who can use Sax-O-Meter ?
- Any saxophone player who wants to improve his/her sound (and who doesn’t ?). From beginners struggling to set their tone foundation to professionals working on very specific aspects of their sound.
- You can use it with any of the four main saxophones: Baritone, Tenor, Alto and Soprano.
What Sax-O-Meter is NOT:
- It will not replace your ears. Your ears will always be your best coach.
- It will not do the work for you. If you want a magical shortcut to get the sound of Dexter Gordon without any work, then Sax-O-Meter cannot do anything for you!
Don’t know where to start ?
- Refer to the Tone Exercises page to get examples on how to use the app to improve your tone.